Department of Accounting and Finance
In 1994, she received her master's degree from Marmara University, Social Institute, Accounting, and Finance Program. Her thesis title is "Accounting System in IATA Tourism Agencies" Supervisor: Prof.Dr.Osman Altuğ.
Since 2008, he has been working on the teaching staff in the Accounting and Finance Branch of the Business Administration Department of the Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Trakya University.
Dr. Güvemli has been attending World Congresses of Accounting Historians and World Congresses of Accountants since 2000. He worked at the organization committees of several international accounting, auditing and accounting history congresses and conferences.
He co-authored varios books ranging from accounting history to financial statements analysis which were published by the governing accountancy bodies like the Public Oversight Accounting and Auditing Standards Authority (KGK), Istanbul Chamber of Certified Public Accountants. and Turkish Court of Accounts.
He has published several papers and articles on financial reporting and accounting history. He is one of the founders of the Association of Accounting and Financial History Researchers (MUFTAV) in Istanbul. He is also associate editor of the Journal of Accounting and Finance (MUFAD) and a member of Academy of Accounting Historians (AAH), USA.
Dept. of Accounting and Finance, Trakya University, Edirne, 22030 Republic of Turkey.
Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey.
Professor of Finance, May 2019 - Present
Marmara University Istanbul, Turkey
Ph.D., Accounting and Finance January 2009
- Dissertation: “Fixed income securities portfolio optimization and an application”
Trakya University Edirne, Turkey
Masters, Accounting and Finance May 2005
- Dissertation: “Options pricing via genetic algorithm application”
Istanbul University (AACSB Accredited) Istanbul, Turkey
B.A., Business Administration, concentrating on Finance June 2001
WORKS IN PROGRESS
- “Effect of Persistence on Emotional Biases and BDNF Val66Met Polymorphism in Financial Investment Decisions in Twins” with Sezen Gungor (Namık Kemal University, Turkey) and Korkut Ulucan (Marmara University, Turkey). Article manuscript in progress, submitted for publication in 2019.
Visiting Scholar, The University of Sydney 2015-2016
Financial Markets and Capital Markets, Graduate Degree, Trakya University 2010-Present
Financial Institutions and Markets, Undergraduate, Trakya University 2010-Present
Investment Project Preparation Techniques, Undergraduate, Trakya University 2010-Present
Investment Management, Undergraduate, Graduate Degree, Trakya Univ. 2010-Present
International Auditing Institutions and Practices, Graduate Degree, Trakya Univ. 2010-Present
Portfolio Management in Money and Capital Markets Ph.D., Trakya Univ. 2010-Present
Introduction to Accounting, Undergraduate Degree, Beykent University 2012-2013
Financial Management, Graduate Degree, Beykent University 2012-2013
Finance Management, Executive MBA, Bahcesehir University 2013-2014
- Ph.D. Dissertation Advisor, Trakya Univ., (Sezen Güngör, Ph.D., Sonat Bayram, Ph.D. Luan Vardari, Ph.D)
- Graduate Thesis Advisor, Trakya University, Beykent University and Bahcesehir University.
- Undergraduate Thesis Advisor, Trakya University.
- “Currency, Global Trade and Block-Chain Technology.” Opening Ceremony Presentation, XVI. European Conference on Social and Behavioral Sciences, Prizren, May 2018.
- Engin Demirel Passive Income Methods, Amazon Kindle Publishing, USA, December 2018, Paperback version ISBN: 978-1792673528, Kindle version ASIN: B07MNNTG5S.
- Sezen Güngör, Engin Demirel, Investor Bias in Behavioral Finance, Alfa Publishing, Istanbul, 2018, ISBN: 978-6051718996.
- Engin Demirel, Portfolio Management and Option Agreements in International Financial Markets, Paradigma Publishing, Istanbul, 2011, ISBN: 978-605-5863-52-4.
- Engin Demirel, Financial Market Analysis and Portfolio Management, Paradigma Publishing, Istanbul, 2012, ISBN: 978-605-4613-04-5.
- Sudi Apak, Engin Demirel, Financial Management, Capital Markets, Volume 1, Papatya Publishing, Istanbul, 2009. ISBN: 978-2605-4220-02-1.
- Sudi Apak, Engin Demirel, Financial Management, Financial Analysis and Investment Management, Volume 2, Papatya Publishing, Istanbul, 2010. ISBN: 978-605-4220-03-8.
- Engin Demirel, Seda Karagöz Zeren, Developing Smart Contracts for Financial Payments as Innovation on Handbook of Research on Managerial Thinking in Global Business Economics Book, Chapter 6, p 96-114, IGI Global, USA, 2019.
- Sezen Güngör, Engin Demirel, Nihan Tomris Küçün, Personality and Emotional Biases on Behavioral Finance and Decision-Making Models Book, Chapter 8, p 139-161, IGI Global, USA, 2019.
- Engin Demirel, Sibel Yılmaz Türkmen, Global Strategies in Banking and Finance, Chapter 27: Currency and Interest Rate Effect on Financial Ratios: Technology Case on ISE, IGI global: USA, DOI:10.4018/978-1-4666-4635-3, ISBN13:9781466646353, (2013).
- Ulker-Demirel Elif, Demirel Engin,"Green Marketing and Stakeholder Perceptions". Handbook of Research on Waste Management Techniques for Sustainability, IGI global: USA, DOI: 10.4018/978-1-4666-9723-2.ch004, (2016)
- Engin Demirel, İlknur Eskin, “Relation Between Environmental Impact and Financial Structure of Cement Industry”, International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Vol 7, No 1, 2017. p. 129-134.
- Metin Atmaca, Engin Demirel, “Economic Impact on Financial Ratios of Food Industry at Istanbul Stock Exchange Listed Firms”, International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Vol 7, No 3, 2017. p. 537-541.
- Engin Demirel, Pınar Avcı, Ahmet Atakişi, “The Effect of 2008 Global Financial Crisis on Financial Ratios in Turkish Banking Sector”, International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, Issue 128, December 2014. p. 56-64.
- Engin Demirel, Ahmet Atakişi, Seda Abacıoğlu, “Bankacılık Faaliyet Oranlarının Panel Veri Analizi: Türkiye’deki Kamu, Özel ve Yabancı Sermayeli Bankaların Durumu”, Journal of Accounting and Finance, Vol 59, July 2013, p. 101-112. ISSN: 2146-3042.
- Sibel Yılmaz Türkmen, Engin Demirel, “Economic Factors Affecting Financial Ratios; Real Estate Investment Trusts Case on ISE”, European Journal of Scientific Research, Volume 69, No.1, 2012, p. 42-51. ISSN 1450-216X.
- Engin Demirel, Süleyman Gökhan Günay, “Financial Risk-Taking Behavior Comparisons between Two Different Countries Based on Demographic Factors: Turkey and Macedonia Case”, Middle Eastern Finance and Economics, Issue 10, 2011, p.111-120. ISSN: 1450-2889
- Ahmet Atakişi, Engin Demirel, Gökhan Sönmezler, “Adam Smith’s View on Economic Crises: South See Bubble Case”, Trakya University Journal of Social Science, Volume 12, No:2, 2011, p.48-58. ISSN 1305 -7766.
- Suleyman Gökhan Günay, Engin Demirel, “Interaction Between Demographic and Financial Behavior Factors in Terms of Investment Decision Making”, International Research Journal Finance and Economics, Issue 66, 2011, p. 147-156. ISSN 1450-2887.
- Engin Demirel, “Financial Behavior and Demographic Factors on Mortgage Decisions”, International Research Journal Finance and Economics, Issue 74, 2011, p. 207-217. ISSN 1450-2887.
- Engin Demirel, Ahmet Atakişi, Metin Atmaca, “Financial and Economic Factors Affecting Debt Ratio and ROE; ISE Tourism Firms Case”, European Journal of Scientific Research, Volume 61, No.3, 2011, p. 458-466. ISSN 1450-216X.
- Demirel, Engin, Sezen Güngör, Korkut Ulucan "The Effect of Genetic in Financial Decision Making: Regret Aversion and Reward Dependence", 8th International Conference on Governance, Fraud, Ethics and Social Responsibility, Mount Allison University, Canada, July 2017.
- Ulker-Demirel, Elif. & Demirel, Engin, "Sharing Economy and Collaborative Consumption for Economic Sustainability", 8th International Conference on Governance, Fraud, Ethics and Social Responsibility, Mount Allison University, Canada, July 2017.
- Engin Demirel, Seda Karagöz, Public and Private Sector Health Finance Relation on Health Status Indicators of National Health Systems, 2nd International Conference of Development and Economy, Thessaloniki, Greece, June, 2016.
- Ahmet Atakisi, Engin Demirel, Sonat Bayram, Mehmet Altuntaş, Currency Fluctuations Effect on Tourism Indicators and Economic Growth: The Case of OECD and Non-OECD Member Countries, 3rd International Congress of Tourism and Management Researches ICTMR 2016 Antalya Turkey, May, 2016.
- Sonat Bayram, Ahmet Atakisi, Engin Demirel, Tourism Indicators Effect on the Financial Structure: Istanbul Stock Exchange Firm Analyze,3rd International Congress of Tourism and Management Researches ICTMR 2016 Antalya Turkey, May, 2016.
- Engin Demirel, Barış Sipahi, İsmail Küçük, Turkish Commercial Codes and Their Impacts on Accounting Thinking - 1850 To 2011, 13th World Congress of Accounting Historians, Newcastle, UK, Turkish Delegation Proceedings Book, p. 429-446, 2012.
- Engin Demirel, Ahmet Atakişi, Seda Abacioğlu Financial Ratio Analyzes on Staff Cost: ISE Banking Case, 1st International Symposium on Business, Economics and Financial Applications (ISBEFA), p.23-27, Greece, 2012.
- Engin Demirel, Nihal Çalışkan, Econometric Analysis on Effects of Vehicle Credits on Automotive Industry in Turkey, International Conference on Value Chain Sustainability, ICOVACS, s.313-322, Valencia, Spain, 2010.
- Engin Demirel, Sermin Senturan, The Effects of Potential Business Managers’ Risk Tolerance Level on Entrepreneurship in Emerging Markets, 2nd International Symposium on Sustainable Development ISSD, Economy and Management Vol. 1, s. 706-711, Sarajevo/ Bosna I Hercegovina, 2010.
European Union Cross-Border International Project (International Project)
Edirne Chamber of Certified Public Accountants and Financial Advisors 2012-2013
Scientific Research Unit, Trakya University
Development of Smart Contracts in the Financial Payments System 2017-2018
Scientific Research Unit, Trakya University, and
Special Provincial Administration
Promotion of Edirne as a Cultural Tourism Destination and
Development of Tourism Cognition. Mobile Application Development 2014-2015
Scientific Research Unit, Trakya University
The Impact of the Turkish Derivatives Market on Regional Development, 2014-2015
Scientific Research Unit, Trakya University
Investigation of Balkan countries stock exchange integration 2011-2012
Trakya University national and international publication performance award 2010 - 2011
American Finance Association (AFA), USA.
Association of Accounting and Finance Academicians (MUFAD), Turkey.
Co-Head of Department of Business Administration Department, 2015-ongoing
Head of Department of Commercial Law, Trakya University 2017-ongoing
Editorial Board President - Prizren Social Sciences Journal
Executive Editor - Social Sciences, Management and Economics Journal
INSTRUCTOR HÜSNÜ BOZDOĞAN currently works as an instructor in the Department of Accounting and Financial Management at Trakya University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Business Management Department. After graduating from Gazi University, Faculty of Vocational Education, Department of Commerce with a degree in Accounting and Business Teaching Program, he worked as a teacher in Ministry of National Education Edirne Provincial Directorate between 1987 and 1993. In 1993, he started working as an instructor in the Department of Accounting and Financial Management at Trakya University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Business Management Department. He received his master's degree from Trakya University, Social Sciences Institute in 1997.
He is responsible for teaching undergraduate courses at Trakya University.E-mail: email@example.com
RES. ASSIST. DR. EMİNE SERAP KURT graduated from Private Darüşşafaka High School in 1999. She graduated from Trakya University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Department of Business Administration in 2004 with a BA in Business Administration from the same university. After studying in Trakya University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Department of Business Administration Accounting and Finance between 2005-2008, she assigned to do doctorate education at Marmara University in 2008. In 2016, she get Accounting-Finance doctorate degree by the thesis named “Integrated Reporting and Its Applicability in Turkey” at Marmara University. She has been working since 2016 at Trakya University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Department of Business Administration, Accounting and Finance. Research areas include integrated reporting, corporate reporting, corporate governance, internal control, accounting of derivatives etc. is necessary.E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org